The piano house A. Förstl was established in 1884 by the piano maker Albin Förstl in the first district in Vienna. Generally, the piano as an instrument was very popular in the 19th century. For this reason, around 200 piano makers were operating in Vienna due to the high demand for pianos from teachers, composers and music lovers. Piano music became more and more natural and common in daily life for the society during that time. Albin Förstl was one of those renowned Viennese piano makers until 1922.